Thursday, March 10, 2011

book it.

I cannot believe that my last post was in NOVEMBER...my word, am I behind! However, I can believe that I have not had a spare moment to post on this blog since November :). Time to show a few projects as of late.
Meet my hall book shelf.

(this is pre-carpet replacement)


I have had mixed feelings about this book shelf since we have bought the house. Did it date the house or make it retro cool? hmmmm.... I did know that it needed some help, but wasn't sure where to start. I thought about knocking the shelves down and turning it into one giant magnet board. I'm sure glad I didn't do that. I started by painting the back of it chocolate brown.



Then I designed a fun pattern and stuck it up! And done.





Meet my new and improved book shelf.

9 comments:

Liz said...

oh, i like that!

djfairhurst said...

That's really cute Misit!!

camandholls said...

I love it!!!

Lott said...

I love that! It adds so much dimension to the wall.

Kristin said...

Fabulous!

Sonora said...

Love it to the power of 50!!!! You are so creative!!

djfairhurst said...

Kindra posted previous comment...I don't usually say 'cute' but I like the shelves...they're cool (my girls tell me that is a boy word).

Carol said...

That is so beautiful Misti. You are so creative.

Courtney said...

holy cow that is so amazing! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!